Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sarah, Duffy and Dylan

Last weekend, I was lucky enough to photograph Sarah, Duffy and little Dylan.  Admittedly, I was a bit nervous for this shoot because prior to Sarah's and Mark's maternity session I had never choreographed a shoot before.  Usually, I just snap away at the candid moments that go on all around me.  The main difference is that there is a lot more prep involved in these sessions.  I spent hours looking at websites for ideas and inspiration.  I wrote out a list of poses that I wanted to do with the family.  I also went shopping for props that I could use for the shoot.  I had a vision for this session almost immediately of pearls and a fur coat (faux).  A quick trip to Value Village allowed me to purchase both of these items.  But when I arrived at Sarah's Mom's house she showed me a beautiful family fur (real) coat, so we decided to use that instead.  It didn't help the nerves that I had to drive in a snowstorm to get there.  I drove very slowly past car after car in the ditches... but I arrived safely and so did the family.  They were an awesome family to photograph and they were open to all of my ideas which was fantastic.  So here are the results of the session.  Hope you like them!





















No comments:

Post a Comment